Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's not only a car that can be recalled by it's maker.

 
Posted by Picasa


For someone who takes pride in being patient with most things, I have to admit that driving tests me and breaks me like nothing else. And by driving I mean bad driving!

I have tried to reason and introspect about this. When I can be patient with just about everything, why is it that driving irks me and irks me almost immediately? It irks me even when I am not in a hurry to get anywhere.

Perhaps driving is that one outlet where I defy my own boundaries. If I am brutally honest it doesn’t annoy me enough to push me to into road-rage like behavior, but it is enough to ignite silent cuss, cold stare and eye rolling behavior.

People taking calls, eating food, shaving, applying make-up, slow driving exclusively in fast lanes, not being considerate – activities that can probably cause accidents, definitely cause delays and indisputably cause stress levels. I just think bad driving is perhaps one of the most inconsiderate daily activities a lot of people indulge in.

And as I act indignant let me say that I am sure I am not a perfect driver, but I do try hard to follow rules and employ common sense. I get annoyed coz’ bad driving affects everyone around the bad driver. I mostly have no issues with anything people do as long as it isn’t affecting others convenience or life. Driving is one thing which inherently involves affecting others around you.

Safe, aware and good driving is something we need to aspire for. Think of the lost time and built in anger – they are reasons enough for everyone to include good driving sense as ‘must-do’ in life.

No comments: