Thursday, August 18, 2011

I found perfect stillness in movement!




As the pacific ocean crashed onto ocean beach and as I stood barefoot in that cold salty water, I saw layers of water drip back from sand to ocean and it was perfection.

A sheet, thin as satin, smooth and shiny - sheet of water lingers after a wave has folded back into ocean. And it glides on sand like a snake but quieter and slithers back into ocean folding into the vastness with a quiet, deliberate effort. The visual almost made me cry.

And to walk on that freshly bathed sand felt like walking on foam.

And to be on a never ending beach with near perfect temperature felt like I was in this world and I was all there is.

And to find beautiful shells with fossils of flowers and twigs felt like connecting with another world.

And to find myself there on the “national day of relaxation” - serendipity . Sometimes things happen and if you let them, they transform forced days, unplanned time into treasured memory. And I am thankful.

No comments: